Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dance Fever

It's pretty obvious from this video that Alejandro didn't inherit any dance/rhythm genes from me since I didn't have any to give him.  Maybe he'll get by in life with his awesome curly hair which he did get from me.  And poor little Samira, what chances she had at developing some natural rhythm on her own are now ruined since she'll probably copy her brother. 

By the way, you gotta love the color of our walls in the living room.  I'm sure there's a name for the color it is but I don't have any idea what it is.  We could just paint it but painting vs. the other to dos puts it pretty far down the list.  Our house does have a kind of islandy feel to it with all the awesome colors on the walls in all the rooms but as soon as I start to feel a little bit happy I look out the window and realize there isn't a pristine white beach with beautiful waves lapping the shore and a nice breeze blowing in on the island of Jamaica.  Instead it's snow and ice and lifeless Indiana.  And then I think man, I gotta paint these walls.

Es obio viendo este video que Alejandro no heredó genes de baile/ritmo de mi parte puesto que no tengo para darle.  Quizás le irá bien en esta vida por su pelo risado que sí recebió de mi.  Y pobre Samira, las oportunidades que tenía de desarrollar su propio ritmo están arruinadas porque seguro copiará a su hermano.

Te tiene que gustar el color de las paredes de la sala.  Seguro que existe un nombre para este color pero no tengo ni idea lo que sería.  Podríamos pintarlo pero comparado con todo lo de más que tenemos que hacer con esta casa, pintar tiene mucha prioridad.  La verdad es que con todos los colores guay que tenemos en todas las habitaciones se siente un poco como estar en una isla como Jamaica.  Pero cuando empiezo a sentirme un poco feliz veo por la ventana y en lugar de ver una playa perfecta con olas acariciando la arena y una brisa suave, veo nieve, hielo y una Indiana sin vida.  Y entonces pienso jolines, tengo que pintar estas paredes.

2 comments:

Apron Appeal said...

I think it's funny that you would even wonder where he gets his moves from when THAT is the music he's subjected to! Really you expected something different? I think he's feeling the groove that music offers, perfectlly! I give him a 10 for interpretation. :)

Unknown said...

You are too generous, probably out of ignorance. See, the thing is he dances the same way no matter what he is listening to. I've got to say though that it is very entertaining not to mention how much easier it is to put him to bed after.