The other day I took Alejandro and Natalia to her gymnastics place for some playtime. We had only been there five minutes when Natalia broke her arm. She was about to jump from the balance beam into the foam pit but somehow managed to fall sideways off the beam. She landed
awkwardly on the edge of the pit breaking her forearm in the process. It looked like her arm had two elbows. I felt terrible. After x-rays we saw that both the radius and the ulna were broken. Initially they were thinking that surgery would be needed but when the pediatric orthopedic surgeon finally arrived (4 hours later) he set it and casted it on the spot. Aside from some swelling and itches Natalia is doing fine.
This picture shows almost exactly where Natalia broke her arm.
Here is a picture of some swelling the next day.
And of course her cast had to be pink.
2 comments:
That's so crazy. They have the same cast but I wouldn't let Jayben get pink. We were lucky enough to find a doctor that does waterproof casts. So he can take baths, which is a life saver when he gets itchy.
Natalia cries more about the itches than she did when she broke her arm, go figure. I didn't know they made waterproof casts. You should see all the craziness trying to give her a shower.
Post a Comment