Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What in the World???

This THING is sitting in the basement of our new house and I have no clue what it is.  Could it be some kind of transformer?  An ancient generator?  I opened up one of the panels in the top and it seems to be filled with some kind of oil.  I heaved and hoed but couldn't budge it even a smidgen.  I'd like to get it out of the basement but don't really know how.  Leave a comment if you have any ideas what this thing could be. 

Esta COSA está en el sótano de la nueva casa que compramos y no tengo ni idea lo que es.  ¿Podría ser un tipo de transformador?  ¿Un generador quizas?  Abrí un panel y parece que está lleno de aceite.  Empujé un montón pero no podía moverlo ni un chispa.  Me gustaría quitarlo del sótano pero no sé cómo hacerlo.  Deja un comentario si tienes una idea de lo que puede ser. 




4 comments:

Apron Appeal said...

I'm pretty sure that is a ghost containment unit.

Unknown said...

That is a pretty good guess Gwen but I think I figured it out. I'm pretty sure it's a time machine!

Apron Appeal said...

OK then so are you going back in time to when the original owner installed the thing and convince him that messing with the past is just not worth it and he should really NOT bring it into such a great place?

Unknown said...

Not a time machine, not a ghost containment unit. It seems to be an old transformer. The up side is that it may have a few hundred pounds of copper for recycling inside.